Monday, August 5, 2013

I Want to Be a Glader.... And Other Maze Runner Trilogy Thoughts


 ****Contains Spoilers from the Maze Runner Trilogy****
   
    In the past few days, I have finished the Maze Runner Trilogy. I thought I would like it, but I was wrong. I LOVED it!!! I was so  surprised , because it was creepier than the books I usually like. I loved everything, the characters, the plot,  all of it! The books left me with one thought, I want to be a glader. Of course I  don't want to be thrust into a dangerous maze, with a Flare-infected world around me, but I want to be friends with the gladers.
      
    First, I love the way those shucks talk. (God I love saying that.) I think the way that they speak  normal English with some of their own phrases mixed in, is a cool little twist from James Dashner. I think saying things like "good that" and "slim it" are fun and I loved all their other lingo as well.

     Beside the fact that I love the way they talk, I love them! Minho is my favorite character, because he is so funny and brave. I love his personality. I think all the characters are really well written. Thomas is a strong main character, he is relatable and likable. Although  the books are male dominated, I like how Dashner put in strong female characters like Theresa and Brenda. Plus, at the very last minute, a woman saves them all, Ava Paige.

     Besides the lovable characters, Dashner throws in so many twists that it keeps it interesting. All the way to end surprises keep coming. I never expected throughout the entire series, that Theresa would die. I always thought that she would be safe. Also from the beginning, I would've bet money that Thomas and Theresa were going to be together for like ever. The way Dashner slips Brenda in makes it  a very subtle love triangle. (I'm "Team Brenda" by the way, I just never thought it was going to happen.)

    Through all the tragic deaths that practically killed me, to the endless plot twists, the Maze Runner Trilogy is phenomenal. The characters are witty and original and the plot has never been "done before".  The whole series is amazing, and I can honestly say that I love it as much as Hunger Games and Divergent, although Harry Potter still wins.

~Simply Nerdy

No comments:

Post a Comment