Monday, July 29, 2013

The Perks of Being a Wallflower- Book and Movie


    ****Contains spoilers from The Perks of Being a Wallflower****

      I love both the book and the movie, The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Oddly enough, although this has only ever happened with one other book/movie (Gatsby), I preferred the movie.  I think they are both great though.

    One thing that I love about Perks is the characters. Patrick is my favorite, I think he is so funny, but especially after the Brad fiasco and throughout the book, he has  as many insecurities and issues as the rest of the characters.  He just uses his personality and humor to hide it, which makes Patrick stand out to me.

     I think Sam was portrayed more likably in the movie. Emma Watson did fabulous job as Sam also.  I felt that Logan Lerman was phenomenal as Charlie! While reading the book, I liked Charlie, but in the movie I loved Charlie and that was because of Lerman.

     Even with the cuts they made from the movie like the pregnancy, I though it was an excellent interpretation of the book. This was most likely because Stephen Chbosky, the author of the book, directed the movie. The only thing I wished they put in was the poem, because I think that part is so emotional and adds a lot to the Secret Santa scene. Overall I love both Perks the book and movie.

~Simply Nerdy

No comments:

Post a Comment