Thursday, July 25, 2013

Thoughts on Peeta and Gale


    ****Contains HUGE spoilers from the Hunger Games****

     I am a very big Hunger Games Fan, but it took me sometime to decide if I was "Team Gale" or "Team Peeta". See I first read the books at a youngish age, so I was Team Gale all the way, because I did not understand how he was involved in Prim's death. After I read the books again, I switched to Team Peeta. I then understood that Gale inadvertently killed Prim.
    I'm going to be honest, I am not a huge Prim fan, it's not that I hate her or anything, I was just never attached to her.  Prim meant everything to Katniss, so it basically insured that Gale was no longer a contender for her hand in marriage after that.
     Not only was Gale partially responsible for Prim's death, he was not the warmest guy ever. He was much harsher than Peeta. Also, I think Gale and Katniss were a little too similar. I think it was good for Katniss to choose Peeta especially after all the bad things that had happened to her. Peeta was positive and loving, so I think it was beneficial to be with someone more optimistic and kind. Peeta is sweet and I think he and Katniss make a good match.

~Simply Nerdy 

No comments:

Post a Comment